Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Sukumvit Hospital
NICU Sukumvit Hospital
NICU Sukumvit hospital provides specialized care for premature and critically ill babies with advanced machines and devices for the unique needs of tiny babies. Our specially-trained healthcare provider teams including specialized neonatologists, obstetricians, and neonatal nurses work together for providing care to these vulnerable babies 24 hours every day. Our team work together with parents to create a treatment plan for high risk newborn as families-centered and evidence-based care
Equipment available in the NICU
- Resuscitation equipment
- Advanced monitoring equipment for critically ill babies ( cardiorespiratory monitor, pulse oximeter)
- Respirator or mechanical ventilator
- High frequency ventilator
- Infant incubator
- Transport incubator
- Intravenous infusion pump
- Nitric oxide
- Therapeutic hypothermia machine
- Neonatal resuscitation.
- Referral center for critically ill newborns from other hospitals.
- Neonatal transport team.
- Developmental care for promoting development in critically ill infants, preterm infant including temperature and humidity control, light and noise control to mimic the environment in the mother’s womb.
- Infection prevention.
- Feeding babies with breast milk, substitute formula, administering intravenous fluid, parenteral nutrition.
- Promoting breastfeeding.
- Promoting and supporting parent-babies bonding ie: Kangaroo care